1. Good for stomach – Lemon can help relieve many digestion problems
when mixed with hot water. These include nausea,
heartburn and parasites. Due to the digestive
qualities of lemon juice, symptoms of indigestion
such as heartburn, bloating and belching are
relieved. By drinking lemon juice regularly, the bowels are aided in eliminating waste more
efficiently. Lemon acts as a blood purifier and as a
cleansing agent. The intake of lemon juice can cure
constipation. It is even known to help relieve
hiccups when consumed as a juice. Lemon juice
acts as a liver tonic and helps you digest your food by helping your liver produce more bile. It
decreases the amount of phlegm produced by your
body. It is also thought to help dissolve gallstones.
2. Excellent for Skin Care- Lemon, being a natural antiseptic medicine, can
participate to cure problems related to skin. Lemon
is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit that enhances your
beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within and thus
bringing a glow on your face. Daily consumption of
lemon water can make a huge difference in the appearance of your skin. It acts as an anti-aging
remedy and can remove wrinkles and blackheads.
Lemon water if applied on the areas of burns can
fade the scars. As lemon is a cooling agent, it
reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
3. Aids in Dental Care- Lemon water is used in dental care also. If fresh
lemon juice is applied on the areas of toothache, it
can assist in getting rid of the pain. The massages of
lemon juice on gums can stop gum bleeding. It
gives relief from bad smell and other problems
related to gums.
4. Cures Throat Infections Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting
problems related to throat infections, sore throat
and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property. For
sore throat, dilute one-half lemon juice with one-
half water and gargle frequently.
5. Good for Weight Loss- One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon
water is that it paves way for losing weight faster,
thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. If a
person takes lemon juice mixed with lukewarm
water and honey, it can reduce the body weight as
6. Controls High Blood Pressure Lemon water works wonders for people having
heart problem, owing to its high potassium content.
It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea
as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It
also reduces mental stress and depression.
7. Assist in curing Respiratory Disorders Lemon water assists in curing respiratory problems,
along with breathing problems and revives a
person suffering from asthma.
8. Good for treating Rheumatism Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can
treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out
bacteria and toxins out of the body.
9. Reduces Fever Lemon water can treat a person who is suffering
from cold, flu or fever. It helps to break fever by
10. Acts as a blood purifier The diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated
with lemon water as it can act as a blood purifier.